Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fourth Week

I told you I would NOT be Phsyco Blogger....

We have been here almost 4 weeks now.  We are all coping with things better.  I am "dealing" with my OCD, the kids are making friends and settling in to a new school year.  Jim is soooo busy, but really loves his new job....most days.

Maddie started with her new baton team.
Tony did not earn a position on the baseball team, but he felt really great about his performance during tryouts.  I was very proud of his attitude.  He said, "Mom, I looked good, I played well and I did everything I could do to make the team.  These kids are just really good!!!"  So grown up!  I love this boy more and more every day!
Kayla starts volleyball camp this Sunday!
The kids all have challenging classes.  We are most worried about Madison.  She is really have a hard time with her algebra class.  She is me made over.  I NEVER "got it" in math....I had hoped she would do as well and Tony and Kayla, but she is really struggling.

Jim and I will be in STL Sunday night through Wednesday afternoon.  The movers will pack on Monday and Tuesday and load on Wednesday.  With that being said, we have a walk through on the new house this afternoon.  We are looking (very optimistically) at closing 2 weeks from today!!!  Please keep us in your prayers.  We really need to get in the house!  It's looking amazing.....







We had to pick up a few new pieces of furniture over Labor Day Weekend.....a guest room was on the top of the list!!!  I bought fabric to recover our dining room chairs.  It's getting closer and closer.  They were working on the pool this morning when I drove by.  So maybe this afternoon.....I can get some new pictures.  It has rained so much here that it has put them behind on some of the outside stuff.  The carpet will (should) go down tomorrow.
I went to my first PTSA meeting this morning.  I am helping with picture day tomorrow!!!    Thought this would be the easiest way to meet people.
I got Madison to the orthodontist and gathered some other doctor/dentist referrals.  Tony has been car shopping.....not sure where this will wind up.  I am starting to find my way around a little better.  I am starting to find some "shortcuts" and be able to visualize an area when someone says...you know...that's off HWY 60 or Causeway BLVD, etc.  However, GPS is still my co-pilot!!!!

oxoxoxoxox
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment