Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day is D.O.N.E.....

Tony was very quiet.  Maddie was near tears in the car.  Kayla had a meltdown once we got back to the apartment.  Tony is amazing "big" brother...he talked her off the ledge.  They sat in her room for 20 minutes or so and he helped talk through the day.  He is such an incredible young man.  I couldn't be more thankful for and blessed to have him as my son!!!!!  Maddie hasn't stopped talking since she got in the car...she couldn't talk ALL day, so now we are "getting" it!
My prayer is that tomorrow and each day after get easier for all 3 of them.  Tony already has plans to stay after for a Fall Baseball Meeting tomorrow and has said that he plans on staying after several days a week to do basketball conditioning.
They have loosened up a bit....I am pretty sure they wanted me to KNOW how miserable they were and didn't want me to catch a glimpse of anything good.





I had hoped that the first day would be easier on them.  I knew it would be hard, but I was praying for a happy beginning.  I know it will get easier.  They are awesome kids and will eventually find their niche.

1 comment:

  1. They will do fine! All they need is just a little patience. Play "our" song for them and tell them that Aunt Shell said, "Every little thing is gonna be alright"! I Love you all and wish I could just hug each and every one of you right now! {{{{HUGS}}}} This will have to do for now!

    ReplyDelete